Deleting and updating a blip
faisalbhagat
2010-12-03 10:04:43 UTC
i am using waveinabox to provide chatting facility on my project. as a
client i have modified ConsoleClient. i am still unabe to find how can
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
Alex North
2010-12-03 12:55:14 UTC
As far as I recall the console client has no facility for editing or
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful for testing, but
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if you or anyone would
like to improve the console client to add such functionality it would be
most welcome.

Alex
faisalbhagat
2010-12-14 14:47:52 UTC
egarding adding the updation and deletion facility in console client.
i added a method

public void deleteBlip(String blipId) {
documents.remove(blipId);
}

in WaveletDataImpl

it deletes the blip. but it is deleted locally. it is not deleted at
waveserver. if i login
through another waveclient the blip is still there and for this
deletion waveletDocumentUpdated
method is not called. Will you please help me regarding this?
Alex North
2010-12-15 00:44:45 UTC
A blip is an abstract conversation model concept, not just a document.
Deleting a blip requires clearing its content and removing the corresponding
entry from the conversation manifest document.

The conversation model code (o.w.wave.model.conversation) expresses this,
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the conversation model. There
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a simple change. It
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the first step would be
to replace the console client's manual manipulations with use of the
conversation model code.

A.
faisalbhagat
2010-12-22 13:20:38 UTC
alex
i want to take on this task. for this i need your help of and on. can
you guide me from where to start? which things are going to be
replaced by this conversation moddel and where? m sory for this type
of question m kind of newbie here :->
Alex North
2010-12-23 00:37:06 UTC
Great - I'm glad you're keen.

At a broad level, all the code in o.w.box.client implements a backend
communication that doesn't use the wave model well. All that code exists
only for the console client (I think I'll move it to the consoleclient
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code re-using that used by
the web client.
Post by Alex North
As far as I recall the console client has no facility for editing or
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful for
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if you or
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such functionality it would
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
most welcome.
Alex
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wave-protocol?hl=en.
faisalbhagat
2010-12-24 11:51:18 UTC
in the console client the class aroung which functionality revolves it
ClientWaveView
and in web client it is WebClientWaveView. The main difference in
betwean these two
is datatype for collection of wavelets. In WebclientWaveView it is
CoreWaveViewData and in
ClientWaveView it is WaveViewData. i think i should start with
replacing WaveViewData with Core
WaveViewData and then follow its ripple effects.
Post by Alex North
As far as I recall the console client has no facility for editing or
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful for
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if you or
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such functionality it would
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
most welcome.
Alex
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Alex North
2010-12-29 01:52:35 UTC
Actually, no. The CoreWaveViewData is also old and deprecated. It exists
only to host the index wave, which is on the way out. Apologies again for
all this deprecated code around the place, some of it not explicitly marked.
WIAB development has been going for a long time (initially as the "FedOne"
example server). The new wave panel "undercurrent" replaced much of the data
types and protocols with those more closely based on Google Wave's
implementations, which are a bit more complex but much more capable.

The (modern) web client is implemented in stages. StageTwo has much of the
communications code. StageTwo.createConnector() demonstrates how to wire up
the communications stack, though some parts of it are web-client specific,
so it's not a direct copy/paste for the console client. But you do want to
build an OperationChannelMultiplexer and build the data from there
(LiveChannelBinder.openAndBind()).

HTH,
Post by Alex North
Great - I'm glad you're keen.
At a broad level, all the code in o.w.box.client implements a backend
communication that doesn't use the wave model well. All that code exists
only for the console client (I think I'll move it to the consoleclient
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code re-using that used
by
Post by Alex North
the web client.
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the conversation
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a simple
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the first step
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful for
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if you or
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such functionality it
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
most welcome.
Alex
Post by faisalbhagat
i am using waveinabox to provide chatting facility on my
project.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
as a
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client i have modified ConsoleClient. i am still unabe to find
how
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
can
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
Google
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
"Wave Protocol" group.
To post to this group, send email to
.
faisalbhagat
2011-01-02 21:54:30 UTC
i hv startd refactoring the client. in RemoteViewServiceMultiplexer's
method
public void open(WaveId id, IdFilter filter, WaveWebSocketCallback
stream) {
// Prepare to receive updates for the new stream.
streams.put(id, stream);

// Request those updates.
ProtocolOpenRequest request = ProtocolOpenRequest.create();
request.setWaveId(id.serialise());
request.setParticipantId(userId);
for (String prefix : filter.getPrefixes()) {
request.addWaveletIdPrefix(prefix);
}
// Issue 161: http://code.google.com/p/wave-protocol/issues/detail?id=161
// The box protocol does not support explicit wavelet ids in the
filter.
// As a workaround, include them in the prefix list.
for (WaveletId wid : filter.getIds()) {
request.addWaveletIdPrefix(wid.getId());
}
socket.sendMessage(request, null);
}

i cant use ProtocolOpenRequest because it is javasccript based doesnt
work in console client. can you suggest me what to do with it. should
i write java version of this class along with all the classes in the
package or use the classes in
org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.WaveClientRpc?
Post by Alex North
Great - I'm glad you're keen.
At a broad level, all the code in o.w.box.client implements a backend
communication that doesn't use the wave model well. All that code exists
only for the console client (I think I'll move it to the consoleclient
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code re-using that used
by
Post by Alex North
the web client.
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the conversation
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a simple
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the first step
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful for
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if you or
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such functionality it
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
most welcome.
Alex
Post by faisalbhagat
i am using waveinabox to provide chatting facility on my
project.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
as a
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client i have modified ConsoleClient. i am still unabe to find
how
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
can
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
Google
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
David Hearnden
2011-01-03 23:13:25 UTC
You might be stuck there right now.

You're right, ProtocolOpenRequest is a generated GWT-based
implementation of the OpenRequest protocol buffer. We've replaced the
previous generation tool with a new one, called PST, and the new tool
generates plain Java implementations of the message types (in addition
to the GWT Javascript ones). Once RemoteViewServiceMultiplexer is
updated to use the new messages types, then that should unblock you.

I'm not sure who is actively working on updating all the code to use
the new message types, so I can't give an accurate ETA for it, but
Alex will know. I suspect it won't be very long.

-Dave
Post by Alex North
Great - I'm glad you're keen.
At a broad level, all the code in o.w.box.client implements a backend
communication that doesn't use the wave model well. All that code exists
only for the console client (I think I'll move it to the consoleclient
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code re-using that used
by
Post by Alex North
the web client.
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the conversation
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a simple
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the first step
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful for
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if you or
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such functionality it
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
most welcome.
Alex
Post by faisalbhagat
i am using waveinabox to provide chatting facility on my
project.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
as a
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client i have modified ConsoleClient. i am still unabe to find
how
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
can
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
Google
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
Alex North
2011-01-04 04:17:29 UTC
Ah, bummer. I had postponed updating files to use PST messages because I was
going to throw a bunch out after implementing the newer C/S protocol.
However that is stuck behind a queue of hairy yaks. Piotr Kaleta was also
running up against problems here so may make that update. Or maybe I should
just do it.

A.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code re-using
that used
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
by
Post by Alex North
the web client.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
entry from the conversation manifest document.
The conversation model code (o.w.wave.model.conversation)
expresses
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
this,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the conversation
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a simple
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the first
step
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
to replace the console client's manual manipulations with use
of the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
conversation model code.
A.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i added a method
public void deleteBlip(String blipId) {
documents.remove(blipId);
}
in WaveletDataImpl
it deletes the blip. but it is deleted locally. it is not
deleted
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
at
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
As far as I recall the console client has no facility for
editing
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
or
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful
for
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if
you or
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such
functionality it
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
most welcome.
Alex
On 3 December 2010 21:04, faisalbhagat <
Post by faisalbhagat
i am using waveinabox to provide chatting facility on my
project.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
as a
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client i have modified ConsoleClient. i am still unabe to
find
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
how
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
can
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Google
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
@googlegroups.com>
@googlegroups.com>
@googlegroups.com>
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wave-protocol?hl=en.
Google
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wave-protocol?hl=en.
Google
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
.
Alex North
2011-01-04 04:24:08 UTC
No, Piotr's working around it.

It's an open task if someone wants to take it, but I'll also put it on my
mental task list somewhere high up.

A.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code re-using
that used
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
by
Post by Alex North
the web client.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
entry from the conversation manifest document.
The conversation model code (o.w.wave.model.conversation)
expresses
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
this,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the
conversation
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a
simple
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the first
step
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
egarding adding the updation and deletion facility in
console
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i added a method
public void deleteBlip(String blipId) {
documents.remove(blipId);
}
in WaveletDataImpl
it deletes the blip. but it is deleted locally. it is not
deleted
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
at
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
As far as I recall the console client has no facility for
editing
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
or
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful
for
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if
you or
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such
functionality it
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i am using waveinabox to provide chatting facility on my
project.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
as a
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client i have modified ConsoleClient. i am still unabe
to find
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
how
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
can
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Google
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wave-protocol?hl=en.
Google
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wave-protocol?hl=en.
Google
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wave-protocol?hl=en.
Groups
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
"Wave Protocol" group.
.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
.
faisalbhagat
2011-01-04 21:54:54 UTC
i have written new Version of RemoteViewServiceMultiplexer for
ConsoleClient in this i hv replaced all protocol requests to pst
generated code purely in java
like for open method.

public void open(WaveId id, IdFilter filter, WaveWSCallback stream) {
// Prepare to receive updates for the new stream.
streams.put(id, stream);

// Request those updates.
ProtocolOpenRequest.Builder request =
ProtocolOpenRequest.newBuilder();
request.setWaveId(id.serialise());
request.setParticipantId(userId);
for (String prefix : filter.getPrefixes()) {
request.addWaveletIdPrefix(prefix);
}
for (WaveletId wid : filter.getIds()) {
request.addWaveletIdPrefix(wid.getId());
}

socket.sendMessage(request.build(), null);
}

Now the next step i have is that socket which i have in
RemoteViewServiceMultiplexer is WaveWebSocketClient its methods are
again
expecting JSON objects . For example socket.sendMessage i m writing
console verision of WaveWebsocketClient

i have written send Message in it like that.

public void sendMessage(GeneratedMessage message,
SubmitResponseCallback callback) {
int seqNo = sequenceNo++;
StringBuffer buffer=new StringBuffer("{");
buffer.append("version:1");
buffer.append(",");
buffer.append("sequenceNumber:"+seqNo);
buffer.append(",");
if(message instanceof ProtocolOpenRequest)
{
buffer.append("messageType:ProtocolOpenRequest");
}else
if(message instanceof ProtocolSubmitRequest)
{
buffer.append("messageType:ProtocolSubmitRequest");
}else if(message instanceof ProtocolSubmitRequest)
{
buffer.append("messageType:ProtocolAuthenticateRequest");
}
buffer.append("'");
buffer.append("messageJson:"+message.toByteArray());
buffer.append("}");
send(buffer.toString());
}

m i right?
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code re-using
that used
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
by
Post by Alex North
the web client.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
entry from the conversation manifest document.
The conversation model code (o.w.wave.model.conversation)
expresses
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
this,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the
conversation
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a
simple
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the first
step
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
egarding adding the updation and deletion facility in
console
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i added a method
public void deleteBlip(String blipId) {
   documents.remove(blipId);
 }
in WaveletDataImpl
it deletes the blip. but it is deleted locally. it is not
deleted
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
at
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
As far as I recall the console client has no facility for
editing
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
or
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful
for
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if
you or
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such
functionality it
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i am using waveinabox to provide chatting facility on my
project.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
as a
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client i have modified ConsoleClient. i am still unabe
to find
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
how
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
can
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Google
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
.
faisalbhagat
2011-01-05 22:56:43 UTC
i hv changed it to

final ByteArrayOutputStream outputStream = new
ByteArrayOutputStream();
try {
serializer.writeTo(outputStream, message);
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
String json = outputStream.toString();

MessageWrapper wrapper = new MessageWrapper(VERSION, sequenceNo,
message.getDescriptorForType().getName(), json);
send(gson.toJson(wrapper));

and its working
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code re-using
that used
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
by
Post by Alex North
the web client.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
entry from the conversation manifest document.
The conversation model code (o.w.wave.model.conversation)
expresses
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
this,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the
conversation
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a
simple
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the first
step
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
egarding adding the updation and deletion facility in
console
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i added a method
public void deleteBlip(String blipId) {
   documents.remove(blipId);
 }
in WaveletDataImpl
it deletes the blip. but it is deleted locally. it is not
deleted
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
at
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
As far as I recall the console client has no facility for
editing
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
or
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
removing blips. The console client is very simple, useful
for
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course, if
you or
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
read more »
Alex North
2011-01-06 00:01:24 UTC
Post by faisalbhagat
[...]
This last bit looks like it's duplicating the work that auto-generated PST
classes should do. You shouldn't need to do any string building.

The PST generated classes are in build/messages/...

Can you export your changes as a code review so we can see the extent of
what you're attempting and its context? Follow the instructions here:
http://www.waveprotocol.org/code/submitting-code (even though you won't
necessarily submit the changes right away).

Alex
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
running up against problems here so may make that update. Or maybe I
should
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
just do it.
A.
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
only to host the index wave, which is on the way out. Apologies
again
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
for
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
all this deprecated code around the place, some of it not
explicitly
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
marked.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
example server). The new wave panel "undercurrent" replaced much
of
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
the data
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
The (modern) web client is implemented in stages. StageTwo has
much of
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
communications code. StageTwo.createConnector() demonstrates how
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
wire up
Post by faisalbhagat
in the console client the class aroung which functionality
revolves
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
it
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
communication that doesn't use the wave model well. All that
code
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
exists
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code
re-using
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
that used
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
by
Post by Alex North
the web client.
On 23 December 2010 00:20, faisalbhagat <
Post by faisalbhagat
alex
i want to take on this task. for this i need your help of
and
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
on. can
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
replaced by this conversation moddel and where? m sory for
this
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
type
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
A blip is an abstract conversation model concept, not just
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
document.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Deleting a blip requires clearing its content and removing
the
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
corresponding
Post by Alex North
entry from the conversation manifest document.
The conversation model code (o.w.wave.model.conversation)
expresses
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
this,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the
conversation
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a
simple
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the
first
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
step
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
to replace the console client's manual manipulations with
use
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
of the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
egarding adding the updation and deletion facility in
console
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i added a method
public void deleteBlip(String blipId) {
documents.remove(blipId);
}
in WaveletDataImpl
it deletes the blip. but it is deleted locally. it is
not
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
deleted
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
at
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
waveserver. if i login
through another waveclient the blip is still there and
for
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
this
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
As far as I recall the console client has no facility
for
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
editing
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
or
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
removing blips. The console client is very simple,
useful
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
for
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
testing,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
but
Post by Alex North
not intended to be a fully-fledged client. Of course,
if
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
you or
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
anyone
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
like to improve the console client to add such
functionality it
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i am using waveinabox to provide chatting facility
on my
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
project.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
as a
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client i have modified ConsoleClient. i am still
unabe
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
to find
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
how
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
can
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
i update or delete a blip. can any body plz help!
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Google
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Groups
@googlegroups.com><wave-protocol%252Bunsubscribe
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
@googlegroups.com>
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
@googlegroups.com>
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
@googlegroups.com>
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
.
faisalbhagat
2011-01-06 23:12:50 UTC
in the PST generated code there are many issues The package
import
org.waveprotocol.box.common.comms.ProtocolAuthenticateMessages.*;
does not exists and is used in ProtocolAuthenticateMessage and there
are many classes which are referenced in these messages but are not
threre
for example ProtocolDocumentOperationMessage so i am unable to compile
these PST generated files. i will submit the code
when i will get the things going bit smoothly
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
running up against problems here so may make that update. Or maybe I
should
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
just do it.
A.
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
only to host the index wave, which is on the way out. Apologies
again
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
for
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
all this deprecated code around the place, some of it not
explicitly
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
marked.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
example server). The new wave panel "undercurrent" replaced much
of
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
the data
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
The (modern) web client is implemented in stages. StageTwo has
much of
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
communications code. StageTwo.createConnector() demonstrates how
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
wire up
Post by faisalbhagat
in the console client the class aroung which functionality
revolves
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
it
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
communication that doesn't use the wave model well. All that
code
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
exists
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code
re-using
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
that used
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
by
Post by faisalbhagat
alex
i want to take on this task. for this i need your help of
and
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
on. can
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
replaced by this conversation moddel and where? m sory for
this
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
type
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
A blip is an abstract conversation model concept, not just
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
document.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Deleting a blip requires clearing its content and removing
the
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
corresponding
Post by Alex North
entry from the conversation manifest document.
The conversation model code (o.w.wave.model.conversation)
expresses
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
this,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the
conversation
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes a
simple
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on; the
first
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
step
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
to replace the console client's manual manipulations with
use
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
of the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
egarding adding the updation and deletion facility in
console
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
client.
read more »
Alex North
2011-01-11 06:14:53 UTC
You're right, there are a few issues with PST. Dave Hearnden and co. are
fixing them up now.
Post by Alex North
}
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
However that is stuck behind a queue of hairy yaks. Piotr Kaleta
was
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
also
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
running up against problems here so may make that update. Or maybe
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
should
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
just do it.
A.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Actually, no. The CoreWaveViewData is also old and deprecated.
It
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
exists
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
only to host the index wave, which is on the way out.
Apologies
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
again
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
for
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
all this deprecated code around the place, some of it not
explicitly
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
marked.
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
WIAB development has been going for a long time (initially as
the
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
"FedOne"
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
example server). The new wave panel "undercurrent" replaced
much
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
of
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
the data
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
The (modern) web client is implemented in stages. StageTwo has
much of
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
communications code. StageTwo.createConnector() demonstrates
how
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
wire up
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
the communications stack, though some parts of it are
web-client
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
specific,
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
so it's not a direct copy/paste for the console client. But
you do
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
want to
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
(LiveChannelBinder.openAndBind()).
HTH,
On 24 December 2010 22:51, faisalbhagat <
Post by faisalbhagat
in the console client the class aroung which functionality
revolves
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
it
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
ClientWaveView
and in web client it is WebClientWaveView. The main
difference
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
in
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
betwean these two
is datatype for collection of wavelets. In WebclientWaveView
it
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
is
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Great - I'm glad you're keen.
At a broad level, all the code in o.w.box.client
implements a
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
backend
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
communication that doesn't use the wave model well. All
that
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
code
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
exists
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
package). It should be deleted, and replaced with code
re-using
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
that used
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
by
Post by faisalbhagat
alex
i want to take on this task. for this i need your help
of
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
and
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
on. can
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
you guide me from where to start? which things are going
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
replaced by this conversation moddel and where? m sory
for
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
this
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
type
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
A blip is an abstract conversation model concept, not
just
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
document.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Deleting a blip requires clearing its content and
removing
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
the
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
corresponding
Post by Alex North
entry from the conversation manifest document.
The conversation model code
(o.w.wave.model.conversation)
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
expresses
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
this,
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
but unfortunately the console client pre-dates the
conversation
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
model.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
There
Post by Alex North
is a significant refactor required before this becomes
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
simple
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
change.
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
It
Post by Alex North
would be fantastic if someone were to take this on;
the
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
first
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
step
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
would
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
be
Post by Alex North
to replace the console client's manual manipulations
with
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
use
Post by Alex North
Post by Alex North
Post by David Hearnden
of the
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
egarding adding the updation and deletion facility
in
Post by Alex North
Post by faisalbhagat
Post by Alex North