Cross origin errors with shindig and wiab
cearl
2010-12-27 22:23:19 UTC
Hi All,
Although I'm able to host gadgets from my local shindig, and they run
inside of the local wiab, I still do get reports of cross origin
errors:

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL
http://localhost:9898/#localhost!w+6lcNvkzeCYA from frame with URL
http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080%2Fsamplecontainer%2Fexamples%2FFlashCajaExample.xml&container=wave&view=%25view%25&nocache=%25nocache%25&v=b4ea67fd7aa33422aa257ee3f534daf0&nocache=1&mid=1606425725&lang=en&country=ALL&parent=http://localhost:9898&wave=1&waveId=localhost!w%2B6lcNvkzeCYA#rpctoken=6009459938777995793.
Domains, protocols and ports must match.

I'm wondering if anyone has used nginx (or any other lightweight
server) to allow wiab and shindig (or any other server for that
matter) to externally run on the same port. I've spent a little time
trying to get nginx to do it, but I'd just as soon use a verified
solution

This also might be a matter of getting shindig to supply the correct
headers using something like CORS http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/...this
seems like overkill.

On the other hand, the gadgets work, so it's probably just as well to
ignore the error and move along...
Alex North
2010-12-29 00:09:35 UTC
That sounds like something we should fix. Our goal is to have gadgets
working, without warnings, and without the need for an additional
frontend/proxy/server (though you can use one if you want). Would the
problem be resolved if the gadget servlet ran on the same port as the app
servlet?

A.
.