Removing the "w:" prefix
Daniel Danilatos
2010-12-09 23:52:34 UTC
Hi all,

For some time now it's been our desire to remove the annoying "w:" prefix
from various element names. It was originally there when our wave XML was
going to be some kind of fancy superset of XHTML, with the extra elements
being namespaced. But we've since moved far beyond that, e.g. replacing <p>
with <line> elements, so the "w:" is little more than historical cruft.

There are a bunch of other data changes that need to happen in the near
future anyway, so this is a good opportunity to start cleaning up the cruft.
I'll probably be sending out patches in the near future.

Dan
Alex North
Daniel Danilatos
2011-01-06 03:09:20 UTC
Heads up: I'm writing the code to do this now.

Dan

Óôéò 10 Äåêåìâñßïõ 2010 11:42 ð.ì., ï ÷ñÞóôçò Alex North
Post by Daniel Danilatos
SGTM
Daniel Danilatos
2011-01-10 05:38:37 UTC
http://codereview.waveprotocol.org/487001/

<http://codereview.waveprotocol.org/487001/>When it gets submitted, if
you've actually got some kind of persistence hooked up, and you care about
the data, you'll need to run the migration logic in
org.waveprotocol.wave.migration. There's not much in there yet, but I will
be adding more as I do more data format cleanups. There's also some
migration logic for link annotations, but the code hasn't been updated to
take the new format.

Dan

Óôéò 6 Éáíïõáñßïõ 2011 2:09 ì.ì., ï ÷ñÞóôçò Daniel Danilatos <