Wave in a Box progress report, December 13
Alex North
2010-12-14 00:16:04 UTC
Here is the most recent progress report. This is expected to be the last
progress report in this format. As we move development to Apache
infrastructure we will adopt established Apache processes where possible,
including publication of progress reports.

*Community*

- Apache Wave incubator proposal accepted:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/wave.html
- demo.wave-in-a-box.org regularly updated demo instance (thanks Tad
Glines)

*Docs*

- Git + Mercurial workflow:
https://sites.google.com/a/waveprotocol.org/wave-protocol/code/tutorials/git-mercurial-howto
- User-data wavelets and supplement model:
https://sites.google.com/a/waveprotocol.org/wave-protocol/protocol/design-proposals/udw

*Code*

- Properties file replacing command line for server configuration
- Lots of persistence hookup and refactoring, almost complete
- Hooked up PST message generation in prep for client/server protocol
- Caja doodad for embedding javascript
- Basic participant profile cards
- WIAB works in IE7/8
- Merged libraries and default repositories
- Raw delta export service exposed in Google Wave

*Work in progress (incomplete)*

- Finish file-based wave persistence (Soren Lassen, Alex North)
- Client/server protocol implementation (Alex North)
- File delta store snapshotting (Frederic Gobry)
- Index/inbox storage (Tad Glines)
- Data API option to export raw deltas (Google Wave team)
- Link editing and rendering (Yuri)
- User listing, addition and removal (James Purser)

See all code changes here:
http://code.google.com/p/wave-protocol/source/list<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://code.google.com/p/wave-protocol/source/list&usg=AFQjCNEXnP-Kqk0bORuNwURia0aqdtNlVw>
Open issues here:
http://code.google.com/p/wave-protocol/issues/list
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http%3A%2F%2Fcode.google.com%2Fp%2Fwave-protocol%2Fissues%2Flist>
John Blossom
2010-12-31 19:30:29 UTC
The links to Apache Wave resources in this message are largely broken, as
Dan Peterson
2010-12-31 19:52:08 UTC
Hey John,

Thanks for the feedback - which specific URLs in Alex's email aren't working
for you? They all opened for me fine.

The only 404 I noticed is that one of the pages contained a link to
http://incubator.apache.org/wave/ -- which, afaik, is down as we are still
waiting for the site to be provisioned by Apache's infrastructure team
(likely delayed due to the holidays)

-Dan
Post by John Blossom
The links to Apache Wave resources in this message are largely broken, as
well as some key ones at the Apache project site.
John Blossom
2011-01-02 19:40:57 UTC
Thanks, Dan, I think that the other links were due to a temporary router
issue on my end, I see the same state you do now. Looking forward to the